I love lists. I love creating my own lists as well as reading other people's lists. Today's fave comes from Larry Winget's blog. I decided to post this in my blog instead of simply tweeting his link because I want to be able to go back to his list every so often to check how I'm doing against his list. Here goes:
- Keep learning. If you aren’t staying current then you are falling behind.
- Be charitable. It will do your heart good.
- Stay busy. Become known as a person who gets things done.
- Live a life based in honesty and integrity. When you give your word, keep it. When you make a deal, do whatever it takes to make it happen. When you sign a contract, live up to it.
- Be authentic. Don’t try to be someone you aren’t. You will hate yourself for it and the effort to maintain the façade will exhaust you.
- Don’t complain and never whine. No one really wants to hear it anyway, and they have problems of their own they are dealing with.
- Be reliable, flexible, punctual, available and decisive.
- Stand for something. Draw more lines in the sand. Be uncompromising in your expectations, your standards and your values.
- Laugh more. It will do your face good and you’ll live longer.
- Be courteous. Basic courtesy has become a lost value. Do your part to bring it back: open doors, say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and ‘you’re welcome.’
- Be nice. Simple as that: just be nice.
- Exercise and eat right. It’s stupid to be fat and die before you have to.
Based on an excerpt from the New York Times Bestseller, People Are Idiots And I Can Prove It(The Idiot Factor in paperback.)
So out of the 12, which ones are the ones you need to work on more this year? Which ones do you think you are already doing alright? For me, I feel good about nos. 1,3,4,5 and 8 but number 12 will be my biggest challenge.
If you are doing good in some of the areas listed above already, then give yourself a high five and treat yourself to a good cup of Joe. And for those that needs some brushing up, well, get this list readily available to you: print it, jot it down on a Post It, Evernote it, screen save it, etc.
Have a great day everyone :)
As always, stay sexy strong and beautiful.